August 8, 2017 |
Charlottesville limo service
If you’re used to working in an office environment, working out of the office may be something of a challenge for you. Working from home, from a coffee shop, from a hotel business center, or from your hotel room presents a different set of challenges than those you’re likely to encounter in your office. How do you keep your productivity level high when you’re surrounded by unfamiliar settings and perhaps novel distractions? These five tips will help you stay productive when you’re working outside of the office.
- Make a schedule and stick to it. You may have more freedom to set start, end, and break times when you’re not sitting at your usual desk, but you should still have at least a rough schedule that breaks up your day. This will help keep you from getting sidetracked by other matters. If it helps, you can find and download a free scheduling app.
Plan on giving yourself at least 15 minutes of rest/break/relaxation time for every hour you plan to work. If you’re lucky enough to be on a work-related trip to a lovely/interesting place like Charlottesville, Virginia, schedule some time away from your desk to appreciate some of the perks of your surroundings. Allow yourself enough time for a healthy lunch to help fuel the latter part of your day. Your future self will thank you for it.
- Get ready for work in the morning. The temptation to work all day in your pajamas will be great. Adding to the first tip, though, you’ll still want some sense of boundaries that separate work from non-work to keep you on-task. Do your usual morning routine before you sit down to work in the morning whether you’re in the office or telecommuting to help reinforce the work/not-work boundary in your mind.
- Straighten up your work area. Just as it does in the office, keeping your work space tidy when you’re working away from the office saves you time and helps keep you focused. Even if your temporary workspace is a high table in a coffee shop and your desktop holds only your phone, your tablet, a latte, and a napkin, keep them neat and organized.
- Find a work schedule that works for you. Know yourself. If you’re not naturally a morning person, you’re probably not going to do your best work by waking up earlier than usual. If you’re not a night owl, scheduling your work time late into the night will be counterproductive. Schedule your non-work time for those times of day when you anticipate being least productive and set aside your most alert and creative times for work.
- Shut off any unnecessary electronic devices. Electronics are temptations to distraction. If you can accomplish the task at hand without the internet, then disable your internet access. If you aren’t expecting any important phone calls, then turn off your phone, or at least silence it. Turn off any unnecessary notifications from your devices. This will help you keep your mind on the task at hand.
If you’re traveling for business or pleasure in Virginia, try our limo service Richmond, Charlottesville, and other Virginia destinations can all enjoy. Our Charlottesville airport shuttle will pick you up from the airport and get you safely and comfortably to your destination.